Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Week 12

Finally, the blog you've all been waiting for! I hope Christmas break has been rejuvenating, and that you've had lots of time to eat, sleep and be merry! Unfortunately, it is quickly coming to an end, so here are the things you need to be working on to be prepared for our next class meeting:

Opinion Paper: When the war was over, and thousands had died, was it worth it?

Parent Night: Please have your presentation piece ready to practice by January 12th!

Presentations: Last but never least, Taylor will present on famous women of the war on January 5th.

Reading: Please have Being George Washington finished on January 5th, and be prepared with a question/comment or two to discuss in class. I believe I asked Leila to lead the discussion this time. Also, we will be discussing Freedom Factor by Gerald Lund on January 26th, so make sure you have that one finished by then also.

Award Requirements: January 12th is the LAST DAY to pass off first semester requirements, so please finish those up...especially memorizing the Declaration of Independence!

Just a heads up: we have a field trip to the state capital scheduled for January 19th, and I may need an extra driver, so if anyone has a parent who is willing and able to help with that, please let me know. We'll need to leave right at 10 that day, so please be to co-op by 9:45.

I didn't assign anyone to do devotional this week, so Reina, will you please do the honors? I think that's it! Enjoy the rest of your break, and I'll see you in 2017!

-Mrs. Hellyer

No comments:

Post a Comment