Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Week 2

Sorry to be so late with this post, but my internet connection has been crawling with all the snow. (Yes, I have limited internet where I live--sort of like dial-up, which none of you are old enough to remember.) I am going to brag, however, that we got an epic 13 inches of snow at my house, so I won't complain too much about the internet. Anyway, here's a brief rundown of assignments due Thursday:

  • Reading: Fifty Five Fathers if you have a copy. If you ordered yours at the beginning of the semester, you should be receiving it on Thursday.

  • Opinion Paper: Write a debrief of the simulation we did in class: What did you learn about the founders? What did you learn about yourself? How are you going to change because of the simulation? *Remember to use facts and examples to support your opinions!

  • Constitution Journal: Article 1 Sections 6-10. This is actually this Thursday's assignment that I accidentally gave you a week early, so if you need time to catch up, Cha-ching! you got an extra week!

  • Be thinking about who you want to research for your Hero report. You can sign-up anytime between now and February 23rd.

**I'll be handing out a study guide to each of you for the Constitution Bowl this week. Many questions will be taken directly from this guide, so use it wisely!

**The annual Key of Liberty vs. Sword of Freedom/Hero Project air-soft battle is now officially scheduled for Friday, March 24th at 10am at my house! Woo-hoo! Put it on your calendars, and start gathering your gear, including an air-soft gun and eye protection. Ammo and snacks will be provided.

'Til Thursday, Mrs. Hellyer

No comments:

Post a Comment